Friday, March 02, 2007

Did I Say Confederate Heroes' Day?

I meant Texas Independence Day. Whatever.

Today was skeleton crew, and hardly anyone was in, so it was officially the Most Boring Day Ever at work. I did get to go have lunch with a couple of recent departees from our division, which was nice. But they have their minds on more worldly things, now, and we had little to talk about. I'm pretty sure one of them actually sneered at me.

I spent the afternoon feeling lonely and sorry for myself. Do you have any idea how difficult it is to express such emotions as loss and sorrow, aimlessness and ennui in brightly colored magnetic plastic letters? Really, they aren't quite the ideal medium.

I've been feeling a little down. It's not really that bad. I'm just whining. I bet Confederate Heroes' Day is gonna rock.

2 Comments:

At March 03, 2007 2:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Move to Boulder with me. I think you'd love it here. :0)

 
At March 03, 2007 2:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know the emotion you describe. I actually had that when i worked there many times, especially on days when I wasn't feeling social and avoided break or when much of the break group was out of the office for one reason or another. It just helped push me to move on.

I don't mean to bring you down more, but seriously the only thing that made that job tolerable was the break group and now most of us are gone. I can't imagine how boring and lonely it must be there now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home