Thursday, March 01, 2007

And We're Off!

Well, one of us three "new" hires has now been eliminated from consideration for our own job. HR deemed this person not qualified.

It doesn't mean the person will be let go or anything, of course. It only means that, after hiring one of the remaining two newbies, and then posting a requisition for the opening that creates, our supervisor will have to tweak the job requirements a little to make sure everybody gets "permed."

But I just don't understand how the rules can possibly be this stringent. If I were to judge based solely on the caliber of people I see working around me, I'd assume the complete job application looks something like this:

1. Do you have skin? Y_____ N_____

___________________________________________
Signature / Date

Not that I've really looked all that closely at a lot of them. And you wouldn't either, if a significant number of your coworkers looked like this:

Artwork by Robbie, because one picture is worth a thousand grunts.

Happy Confederate Heroes' Day!

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At March 01, 2007 9:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In the questions you also have to include: Do you know what TRM is? I answered "I have no clue, what is it?" during my interview and that was followed with "that's okay".

Too bad you can't see the words on the picture........that is what makes it one of my best works thus far. You should explain for those who don't have spidey scences.

 
At March 03, 2007 2:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There really are no words I can come up with right now that would adequately convey what I'm experiencing. That agency really defies my perception of reality, and I wouldn't believe it if I hadn't worked there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home