Saturday, February 24, 2007

There's More To Life than Duct Tape

You remember those detachable-face car radios, right? It was supposed to be a great theft deterrent that you could pop the face off and put it in a little pouch and carry it with you whenever you left the car. I knew maybe two or three people who actually did that. Everybody else just left it in place until the radio got stolen or (much more likely) the spring-loaded clamps that held the face on got loose or broken, so the radio no longer worked, and they had to go out and buy another one.

I have a detachable-face radio in my '92 VW Golf. When I bought it, you couldn't get a radio without that feature, which was a real pisser because my previous radio had one, and before I'd had it very long it got loose and turned itself off whenever you drove over a bump. So I asked the salesman at Best Buy if they didn't have maybe just one piece-of-shit, cheap-ass car radio without a detachable face? They did not. But the salesman assured me, over my protests, that the problem with my old radio must have been a fluke, because the faces never come loose and stop working.

Well, guess what? It did. In your face, Best Buy salesman!!! Who's laughing now??

Oh yeah.

Anyway, in preparation for a weekend trip to Houston, which did not happen because the sister temporarily in Houston (who lives in Connecticut now) never called me back, and the sister in Austin could not bother waking up for the trip anyway, I went out and Krazy-Glued the face onto my radio. And you know what? It works now! I rock. Didn't I tell you I rock? I am so resourceful!

Watch it be stolen by tomorrow morning.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home