Monday, April 10, 2006

Pass It On

Tagged by the lovely and talented Bainwen... allow me to present some uninteresting trivia about myself.

1. Who was your first Prom date?
Paul, my first and only. Prom date, I mean. Do please extricate your mind from the gutter.

2. Who was your first roommate(s)?
Kathryn, from Mason, Texas. She called me up a couple of days before heading to Austin because it had occurred to her that a fellow UT student might be (gasp!) black. She had never met a black person before and was nervous.

No, really.

3. What alcoholic beverage did you drink the first time you got drunk?
Ahhh, a fine vintage Ernest & Julio Gallo vin du jugge, my freshman year at UT. Paul had just dumped me. Alas!

4. What was your first job?
I had a summer job after I graduated from high school at my stepfather's then employer, Teledyne Brown Engineering. I made $6/hour which was pretty damn good for a first job, back in those days! I also wore an onion in my belt, which was the fashion at the time.

5. What was your first car?
A 1981 VW Rabbit I bought from my friend Steve for $200 after he "totaled" it by denting the hatch slightly. (Body work is expensive, you know.)

6. When did you go to your first funeral?
My friend Cindy's husband's funeral in 1999 or so.

7. How old were you when you first moved away from your home town?
17 - I left Madison, Alabama, where my parents lived, to go to UT in Austin. But I've never really had a "home" town.

8. Who was your first grade teacher?
Mrs. Iseley, The Iseley School on Shoal Creek near MLK in Austin. The pink brick house with white wrought-iron railings is still there but will probably be torn down for condos; it's no longer a school. I can't find any web results for it.

9. Where did you go on your first ride on an airplane?
To Philadelphia from Austin, visiting my dad, when I was four.

10. When did you sneak out of your house for the first time, who was it with?
Oh dear Lord, I never have. Is it too late to start?

11. Who was your first Best Friend and are you still friends with them?
Jenny Howell in Ann Arbor, Michigan. We have not been in touch since we were eight.

12. Where did you live the first time you moved out of your parents house?
W1245, Jester Hall, UT Austin.

13. Who is the first person you call if you have a bad day?
My father or stepmother or stepfather.

14. Whose wedding were you in the first time you were a bridesmaid/groomsmen?
I have only been in one: I was privileged to be a groomsmaid for my friend Terry when he married Rosalyn - wonderful couple with whom I dropped out of touch because I am a total schlub.

15. What is the first thing you do in the morning?
Are we being honest? I have a wee.

16. What is the first concert you ever went to?
We used to go see the Austin Ballet Company (now Ballet Austin) at the Armadillo World Headquarters when I was little. As far as rock/pop concerts, I saw the Moody Blues at Zilker Park in 1987.

17. First tattoo or piercing? What age?
Nine years old, I had my ears pierced. That's it, not because I wouldn't like maybe a nice belly button piercing, but because I'm a wuss and a half.

18. First Celebrity crush?
First one I remember was on Alan Alda. Damn, but M*A*S*H* was a kickass show.

19. Age of first kiss?
15, while watching Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Did I mention a guy named Paul already?

20. First crush?
Rico, in first grade, at the Iseley School. He was to die for, honey.

21. First time you did drugs?
What if I want to run for public office one day?

Okay, I tag Robbie and Bill D. Spill it, boys.

1 Comments:

At April 11, 2006 8:27 AM, Blogger clew said...

#15 - that's what I said too. I can't believe more people don't put that!

Hi there - snooped over from Bainwen's blog :).

I played yesterday too, tagged by the person who also tagged the person who tagged bainwen. I know, who cares. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home