Thursday, October 04, 2007

Rendre Puissant!

There's something about work-related stress that always makes me want to speak French. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's the fact that the French have 35-hour workweeks? Or that at least one major French employer's company cafeteria, I have it on very good authority, serves wine with lunch? Or does stress simply bring out an otherwise latent desire to quit shaving my underarms?

Whatever the case, it's best for everyone concerned if I don't undergo too much stress at work. For one thing, I don't speak French.

The poor panicmonger. I hate it when bad things happen to people you don't like, because then you have to feel sorry for them. But whatever else you can say about her, you have to admit, she doesn't hoard bad tidings. She's great at delegating, and we should be grateful; because, as you may know if you've ever taken a Fred Pryor seminar, delegating is the same thing as empowerment.

We're so empowered, we should all be shooting lasers out our butts.

But today was not a banner day for the panicmonger. Her boss gave her a pointless project which largely entailed duplicating a lot of research already done by another group. She was not allowed access to this research, so she had to do it all over again herself in order to answer the questions the other group had raised. Fortunately she immediately empowered all of us to handle the situation for her, and went home in a snit.

It kept me so busy, I barely made it to break. Sacrebleu!

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At October 04, 2007 8:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

just remember Elizabeth ... Dog spelled backwards is God

 
At October 04, 2007 11:38 PM, Blogger Cheryl's BITCH! said...

Tu veux que je fasse quoi??? Vas-y et ta guele, Petasse!!!!

and don't you ever say I cannot get you with a prank again! it won't take much for me to find another german or for that matter some chinese dude in my office to prank call ya!!

We loved how you "passed the buck" too :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home