Saturday, March 24, 2007

Salma Hayak's Not the Only One

What bizarre creatures people are, so often ignoring the opportunities before them in favor of wishing for something safely out of reach. Ugh! Humans! I don't understand them.

If that doesn't qualify me for a job in HR, I'd like to know what does.

It was Sara's last day today. We had a going-away happy hour for her, and because I completely failed to take even one picture of the event, here instead is a picture of raccoon footprints on top of the refrigerator.

That's pretty much how the happy hour was, only without the raccoon or the cat food. Or the fridge. And in a bar, rather than, you know, my kitchen. Also there were some people there. But otherwise, pretty much just like that.

Sara sent out a farewell email to several friends and coworkers thanking everyone and saying what a pleasure it's been to work with everyone; you know, standard fare for such emails, except that her closing was "Live fully." And I sat there at my desk and thought about that and felt very sad for a while.

But the great cycle continues unbroken, as evidenced by the exciting news that fellow breaker J will be bringing a new little breakling into the world. No wonder she hasn't been drinking her martinis!

So here's to taking advantage of the opportunities before you, and to new beginnings. I think I'll go to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home