Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Hush, hush

I am on an 80's music buying frenzy at the moment. I hope you'll excuse me.

But I did notice earlier today (not that this is 80's related) that my very favorite Radiohead song ever - actually, near the top of my all-time favorites - is titled "The Tourist," as I named my post about the thoughts I had about losing my mom. That wasn't planned, so I thought it was fitting. I really love that song.

And I've been online, cashing in my iTunes birthday gift card, and got some Psychedelic Furs ("The Ghost in You" and "All that Money Wants," both of which are likely to have me bounding acrobatically and embarrassingly around in my cubicle) and some more Stereolab, and my very favorite Cure song ever ("From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea;" not quite as perky a ditty) and of course, because every girl must have a song-that-reminds-her-of-someone, "Voices Carry" by 'Til Tuesday.

There's an OMD song in there somewhere I really wanted as well, but I can't for the life of me remember what it is. Guess he must not have been quite so memorable.

Of course one of my favorite purchased iTunes pieces is a collection of Prokofiev piano concerti performed by Korean pianist Kun-Woo Paik. Personally I think my sister Jessie's performances are better; and of course the one to beat is the #8, which was Mom's favorite. I can't listen to it without getting goosebumps all over.

$15 is not enough. They call this a birthday? What the hell is my family thinking?!

Presumably that they can cram "Cure" songs into me until I paint my fingernails black and subside into an existential coma. They're probably right.

1 Comments:

At May 31, 2006 8:46 AM, Blogger Paul said...

We've moved your blog to the number one position on blogslides.com/austin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home